- Hello World example: hello_world.jsThe canonical hello world example.
- RSS feed example: rss_feed.jsIn this example ignite.js is used to build a RSS feed reader
- Web scraper example: web_scraper.jsIn this example the ignite.js framework is used to build a simple web scraper.
- detect example: weather.jsQueries the Yahoo! Weather RSS feed for the locations in a list of major cities to find the first location with weather conditions satisfying a simple temperature test criteria.
- each example: weather_forecast.jsQueries the Yahoo! Weather RSS feed for locations in a list of major cities, displaying the returned weather conditions for each.
- reduce example: dir_size.jsFinds the size of a specified directory, giving results for both the total size of the directory as well as the total size of the files contained in the directory.
- spawn example: count_lines.jsFinds all files in a specified directory, opens each and counts the number of lines of text.
- work example: remove_comments.jsReads a source file, removes any comments from the text and finally saves the amended text to a new file
- ChatBasic chat application example
- RSS Catalog ReaderAn extention of the RSS Feed example to simultaneously monitor a large catalog of individual RSS feeds.
- Source GrepExample application based on the familiar command-line text-search utility originally written for Unix